Today is my first day back in the office I am full of very conflicting emotions.
First of all, no one LIKES going to work, but I really do like my job. In the spirit of being thankful, here are some things I like about my job:
- Not a shabby paycheck
- Flexible to an extent (can’t work from home, but hours aren’t bad)
- Friendly people that I enjoy on most days
- Work is challenging yet not gruesome
- I can work at my own pace (mostly)
Secondly, I obviously love my daughter, but staying home full time with a baby is very challenging. I am ready for a break from changing diapers and saying "Boo" to try to entertain her. She is such a sweet baby but the bottom line is she is a baby and its hard to spend all day with a baby. I am ready to get out of the house, put some make up on, and feel pretty and professional again.
Lastly, I am having mommy guilt over sending her to daycare, but again, in trying to bring out the positive in the situation, here are some things I am happy about with her daycare and the providers:
- Its clean, bright and fun – lots of things for a baby to look at
- Very well known and has many positive reviews
- Everyone there knows me and her already (well they don’t know my name, but they know hers and they know I’m her mom so thats all that matters to me!)
- She is sleeping and eating there, the rest will come
So, I sit here today conflicted because I do miss her, but am trying to remember she is in good hands. I am happy to be back at work, but its still work and even though staying home with her was work, I wish I was with her!