What a week….

Oh my goodness, we have had quite a week here so I apologize for not posting at all.  From Tuesday through Friday this week we were watching my 2 nephews (ages 7 and 8) and my niece (age 4) and their dog at their house.  Their parents both had to go to a work event out of town so J and I agreed to watch the kids.  Actually J said all week, “why did you get us into this” so I don’t think he really agreed to it until I told him!

The kids were great.  We are very fortunate to live down the street from them so we are often around for dinner time and bedtime.  We know their routine and their rules and we have babysat before.  This week was a little bit different because J was really busy with school and work.

Tuesday around 2 pm, the clinic called.  One of the kids was sick.  J had to go to school that evening so I took the afternoon off work.  I was home with the kids from about 3 pm until 7:30 pm when J got home from school.  That meant unpacking from school, cooking dinner, packing lunches for the next day, entertaining kids, and getting baths going.  By the time J got home it was basically bedtime which luckily he was able to help with and we were able to enjoy a quiet evening.

Wednesday, J had to work and he left early around 5 am.  I got up around 6 am and got the kids up around 6:30.  By 7:15 somehow we were all dressed and out the door.  We had to drop Mason (our dog), back at home, feed him and get the kids to school.  Actually everything went really smooth but still tough by yourself shuffling three kids and two dogs between two houses trying to get to school and work.  That afternoon J got off of work early and he was able to get the kids and meet me at their house.  Since Thursday was veterans day and the kids had off, we took them to Pizza Hut for dinner.  They were really good at dinner and actually quite enjoyable.  That evening we watched a bit of a movie and got to bed.

Thursday as I mentioned was veterans day so me and the kids had off from school.  J unfortunately had to work again and left before the kids got up.  The kids had some homework due the next day so we spent from 8 am – 9:30 am working on homework.  Again, they were all great and finished their work.  By 10 am we were out to grandmas house (J’s parents) and J finished up work and met us out there.  We had a really nice afternoon, the kids were tired were fighting but all in good fun.  By 3 pm we got the kids home (thankfully J was there because I wasn’t feeling so hot).  We ate a really early dinner and spent another hour sitting at the table working on homework.

Friday once again J had to work early so I got the kids up and out of the house (I was getting the hang of doing it myself now) and we were ready with plenty of time.  Work was rough on Friday.  I had several meetings, several deadlines and another lunch meeting with some out of town guests.

So like I said it was a VERY busy week.  Today J had to work again and I am working on some chores now that we are finally back in the house.  Hopefully I will make it to the grocery store soon because there are some awesome deals out there this week!

I am also looking for some great thanksgiving recipes that I can make with some of my stockpiled food (pasta/rice/etc).  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s